2007-04-12

Marketing internship in Spain

Hi, my name is Jade and I am from Newcastle. I would like to share my experience with those who are looking for an internship in Spain. Last year, I was looking for an internship in Spain to gain work experience in a marketing environment, as part of my studies. I had always wanted to go to Spain because of the sunny weather and the Mediterranean Sea but there was one problem: I didn’ t speak the language at all. So I began looking on the Internet for international companies in Spain with English as corporate language. I didn’ t get much support from my university, they only offer help with internships in the UK but not abroad. However, I had to fulfil certain requirements for my uni: The internship should be for a period of six months and there had to be a defined project on what I would have to work. Assessment was a portfolio I had to write about my project consisting of about 3,000 words plus appendix. When I started searching for internship ads I found that they usually don’ t name a project but just some administrative tasks. I called several companies and sent out my CV several times but I just couldn’ t find anything. In many cases you don’ t even receive an answer. After a while, I was kind of frustrated because it just seemed impossible to fulfil my plans to go to Spain. I even thought of staying in the UK but I wanted to give it another try. As you may have realised, the web is full of professional internship companies that offer internships for international students. First, I thought that is nothing for me I can find an internship on my own but than I decided to apply for such a service. And, believe it or not, 2 weeks later I had the perfect internship in a marketing company in Barcelona, with a clearly defined project (for my uni) and a promising experience for me. Of course, you have to pay for the service but they are worth every penny. But please be careful, there are companies that charge you in advance – don’ t go for them, that is nothing serious. The company I found my internship with is StartEasyCareer (www.starteasycareer.com) and they were really helpful and friendly and they take care of everything: Finding the internship, providing a good contract and communication with the host company. I can really recommend them - my internship was lovely, it was such a nice company and I learnt a lot. Furthermore, I could improve my Spanish and had a great time in Barcelona.

Colchones Franquicias

No hay comentarios:


Partners Publicitarios
detalles originales regalos originales regalos navidad regalos navidad originales derriere laporte marketing en internet